Cyprus Transport …
… Getting around in Cyprus!
The buses don’t run late during the evening so if you want to travel around it’s a good idea to hire a car online before you arrive.
You can collect the car at the airport when you arrive and then you’ll have the freedom to go where you want without worrying about taxis.
Care Hire in Cyprus
The best way to get around Cyprus is by hiring a car as you then have the freedom to visit the remote areas of the island.
It makes it so much easier to get around and you won’t have the problem of finding a taxi or bus when you arrive or leave from the airport.
Cyprus Airport Transfers
You get a price and pay online and receive instant confirmation Another point to remember is that transport in Cyprus stops very early in the day.
On Sunday there is no service but there are local inter-city buses and rural buses which are inexpensive and a good form of getting around.
- Although some appear quite old, most have air conditioning and music which makes the journey much more enjoyable.
- Nicosia Municipality operates the well-known Yellow Buses which will get you around the city within the city walls. There is no fare charge for these routes.
- If you take a taxi from either Larnaca or Paphos airport find out what the fare will be before starting your journey.
- Better still, book your airport transfer online before you arrive.
- Taxis from Larnaca airport are not so expensive as it’s only a short distance from the airport into the centre of Larnaca.
- The majority of taxis in Cyprus are Mercedes and most are air-conditioned and have a meter.
- There are two tariff periods: Tariff 1 from 6.00am – 8.30pm and Tariff 2 from 8.30pm – 6.00am.
Service-taxis hold up to eight people and must be booked in advance either by telephone or in person at one of the service-taxi offices.
- If you’re being collected, find out the exact time and place the taxi driver will collect you and make sure they know your name.
- Prices range from 7 euros each way and pick-ups are from an allocated distance within the town or city. This of course adds time onto the journey so allow around 30 minutes (sometimes shorter), before the journey begins.
Once you get going, the journey is quick as it’s mainly on the motorway.